Wednesday, January 19, 2011
5 easy tips for getting in shape and staying that way!
1. Always count backwards, regardless of what you're doing. It's psychological! Exercise can be more "mind over matter" most of the time.
2. Start slow and think long term. Ask yourself, can I do this for the next ten years of my life? Will I burn out by the end of the week? Long-term health is the goal, not just quick weight loss for now.
3. Cardio plus strength training is key. Cardio does burn fat, but muscle burns more fat when you are at rest. Both are the answer!
4. Watch what you eat. I've said it before, "If it's not good for you, don't eat it!"
5. Hydration. A lot of times we think we're hungry, just because we are dehydrated. It gives that same empty growling feeling. Have a glass of water first, you may not even have to eat or you'll eat less!
More to come soon!