Thursday, September 29, 2011
So I just finished my first novel ever... wow. It was almost five years in the making and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. But... now what? Do I start the next one? Do I take a break? I'm almost helpless when I'm not creating something. It's what keeps me alive. And as so, I already wrote the first chapter to the next book yesterday. Am I helpless to creation or is it helpless to me?
Indeed, there's no other feeling than ideas dancing throughout my head. Than profound thoughts spilling out the pen. Than being able to release the dramatic madness that revolves my passion for life. Its prophetic potion fills me with blissful joy.
Ah, to push the art onward and write yet another one. Sounds intriguing. Sounds delightful. Sounds like a ton of work. But what better things do I have to do? When I'm not creating, I feel DEAD. So maybe I don't have any such choice in this regardless. I am its victim and it is mine. We go tumultuous, thrill seeking, producing gripped - hand in hand.
The story will pour out just as always, and I'll pour myself IN until I'm lost within it all over again. It is in my blood, and who am I to argue with flowing, pulsating life force fluid? I'm a writer, so I have to write. Ah, but... I could always start next Monday...or Tuesday...no rush now...
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way."
Sunday, March 13, 2011
To make a move easier, it's all about organization!
Getting the garage cleared out. Getting the closets in order.
So that's what we've been doing the last two days. Giving stuff away or throwing trash away that we just don't want to keep. Organizing everything into categories. Clothes, videos, music - and that's definitely the majority of what we have.
And it can be stressful, but I feel as long as you do a little every single day you'll be on a great track! It looks like we may have until May 1st as well, so that adds two weeks onto the move date. God is great! "You need more time? No prob!!"
I'm actually now, very excited about moving. Better neighborhood. New life, new memories, no experiences. At first, I was like, perfect timing! But you know, it really is perfect! I can't wait!!!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
5 easy tips for getting in shape and staying that way!
1. Always count backwards, regardless of what you're doing. It's psychological! Exercise can be more "mind over matter" most of the time.
2. Start slow and think long term. Ask yourself, can I do this for the next ten years of my life? Will I burn out by the end of the week? Long-term health is the goal, not just quick weight loss for now.
3. Cardio plus strength training is key. Cardio does burn fat, but muscle burns more fat when you are at rest. Both are the answer!
4. Watch what you eat. I've said it before, "If it's not good for you, don't eat it!"
5. Hydration. A lot of times we think we're hungry, just because we are dehydrated. It gives that same empty growling feeling. Have a glass of water first, you may not even have to eat or you'll eat less!
More to come soon!